Sunday, January 8, 2012

Food For You

After much consideration, I've decided to include food into my blog! I have many other passions besides fashion and food is definitely one of them. Mostly, I like to bake everything and anything, but coming up with unique recipes is my favorite part about cooking. So, here for you, is my first food post! This is my absolute favorite salad in the whole wide world, Apple Bleu Cheese Salad. I took different components from a couple recipes to make it super simple to throw together. So, here we go!
Photo: Me

Salad Ingredients:
- Approx. 6 cups of any type of greens you like (I usually use a basic mixed green)
- 1 cup of cubed sweet red apple, again, any type you like (I use Gala apples)
- 1 cup of Bleu Cheese crumbles
- Optional 1 cup of candied walnut halves (I like to add this sometimes for an extra sweet bite. Use store bought or candy them yourself!)

Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp of raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of white vinegar

Toss all of the salad ingredients and dressing ingredients together. TADA! Told ya it was simple, enjoy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment